The term “casual” is relative. The casualness of an outfit depends on the person wearing it, their personality, the people around them and a bunch of other factors.
In this post, we will be going over some basic fashion tips for men;
1. Do not stress – Simple. Keep it simple. You are not really casual if your mind is not relaxed. You don’t have to push for a suit when you can wear a jersey. Don’t worry about being underdressed or overdressed, just go for whatever you dim simple.
2. Do not over-accessorize – Accessories are nice, but only in moderation. Too much accessories would take attention of the main outfit. Two pieces of jewelry are all you need to maintain a casual look. A wrist watch and some fancy bracelet is a good combo. Accessory rotation is permitted, but try to keep it at two.
3. Pick the shoes smartly – This is where the power is. The shoes could either make or break the outfit. Good thing is: men are spoiled for choice in this area. Anything thing neat and sharp would do the trick.
4. Wear colours that fit your personality – I once saw a nice yellow blazer online, fell in love instantly and ordered it. From the moment it arrived and I saw it first-hand, I knew I wasn’t going to wear it. Despite how good the model looked in the yellow blazer, I discovered yellow was just not me. So pick the colours that depict you or your mood on the day.
5. Take risks – Do not be afraid to try something new. You never know how it might turn out. Sometimes they turn out incredibly good, other times amazingly bad. If it turns out good, it encourages you to explore more fashion possibilities. On bad days, you learn from them!
There you go, five simple fashion tips to look casual.
Please leave some feedback in the comments section 🙂